BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Thing #8--Creative Commons

I just recently noticed the CC logo on one website and was curious what it meant. I have always seen the infamous "C" and been so scared of what rules I was or was not breaking and whether the five line documentation I added to the end of my research papers was enough. I have always been afraid of using information from websites and such because I haven't gotten permission and no matter how many times you email them, they NEVER contact you. How are you supposed to get in contact with someone about the use of their information if they don't even list a phone number. I'm guessing that the whole world is not controlled by the web and robots. (Kidding...) I think CC is awesome! I now know what I can and can't do. I can now teach my students what they can and can't do and it's all free! My more creative students are able to CC their work as well! This offers endless possibilities! The only drawback is giving permission through CC and then someone using your work in a way that you never thought it could be used. I guess there's no turning back after that!

2 comments:

  1. You can only be responsible for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, but it took someone teaching me. So now that I have the knowledge I feel I have a responsibility to pass it on.

    ReplyDelete