BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Thing #9--Photosharing with Flickr

This picture was taken in Limerick City, Limerick, Ireland. This picture is of the River Shannon. I know this because I did a semester of university there. I chose this picture because this was such a huge part of my life, and this summer I will be sharing that with my husband.

I have used Flickr this past year for projects within my classroom. The problem is that I didn't realize some of the pictures were copyrighted. I just assumed free site=free pics. Boy was I wrong! The creative commons area was nice. I appreciate that they put a section on their website specifically for pictures that are shared. Now not only can I direct the students to the right site, but I can teach them about copyright as well.

Picture was taken by Mark Heard. Click to image to see original image with attribution and CC license.

No comments:

Post a Comment