BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 3, 2009

Thing #21--Google's not just for searching anymore

I am amazed at the many "things" Google now has available. This past year, I tried to create a website for the students to go to for their homework. (Click here to see our site!) It didn't quite turn out how I had expected so I cancelled it. Any ideas of how to improve it?

I've also used to Google Books to preview books that I wanted to incorporate in my class. This was great! I didn't have to purchase the book and was able to read the first few chapters and decide what was best for my classroom.

The new idea I have came from my husband. He suggested that we use Google Earth to map out our plan for our trip, to see what was in the same location so that we could get the most seen in two days. The last two years, I have tried to have students map out locations of where their clothes were made. They struggle because they don't know where all of the places are. Students can now use Google Earth and find the location and then label it on a map. They could also use a spreadsheet or graph to list their pieces of clothing. This is awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Your Google site is great! I'm sure the parents and students will appreciate being able to go online and see expectations, assignments other information 24/7!

    ReplyDelete