BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 29, 2009

Thing #7a--Google Reader Revisited

The article I found was really insightful! The Progressive Grocer put out an article entitled Families Need Guidance in the Kitchen: Research. The research, done in New Jersey, states that "mothers want, and need a better grasp of, kitchen basics." If the mothers had help with meal prep, kitchen organization, and effective grocery shopping, they would create more healthy meals for their families. This is really helpful to know what direction I should go in my classroom.

The thing I was the most surprised at was that the research found that using canned foods were the most effective because they are precooked and quick. I never thought to teach my students how to cook with canned goods. I always tend to teach the ideal! This was an eye-opener! I will be incorporating more recipes using canned goods next year! As well, a website called Mealtime.org was created to help these mothers. Take a look and tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment