BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Thing #2--A Day in the Life of Web 2.0

"It takes a village to raise a child." -African Proverb

Wow! This article was enlightening! I never once imagined the magnitude and the impact that technology could have within a school district! To think that an entire school district, even an entire community could be that tuned in with one another far outreaches the scope of my thinking! Man was I thinking small!

So what does this mean for me and my classroom? I need to get an iPod! I loved the idea of subscribing to RSS feeds and keeping up-to-date with the latest research in your field. I also liked the idea of cross-curricular sharing using technology. But not only that, to have the parents in tune with what you are doing! You can now describe in detail your expectations on a project or an extensive assignment, so that when a student says that they can't remember the directions, the parent can just go to their computers and have the verbal and written instructions at their fingertips! I also loved having the extra-curriculars like band and choir available by podcast. This could help boost their programs!

So how can I use these tools? Well, that is the million dollar question that I have struggled with for a year now. My limitation is that not all of my students have internet access at home. What do we do for those students? My only thought is to do all of the technology at school.

Why use technology? The students (or at least most of them) are on using it anyway! Why not give them some guided use??

No comments:

Post a Comment