BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thing #16--Library Thing

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

Library Thing is awesome! I am reading a book in class next year and was looking for a way to do a book club. Found it! The students may even look up outsider's points of view! They can look up books recommended and not recommended and explore books by topic which is one of the reasons my students say they don't read. "I can't find a book that I like!"

My favorite part is the 50 Book Challenge! This would be great to challenge students to push themselves to read, even if it's only one book. I would adapt it and include it as a page of the class wiki. I would also list recommended readings and do the book club through this.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you went back and used a tool from a past "thing" for your image!!

    ReplyDelete