BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Is it the end or only the beginning?


Learning 2.0 was a great class! I had previously taken a class and learned the "things" but did not necessarily learn how to apply them to the classroom. I also liked the format of the class although I might include a warning about how addicting some of the "things" are! Although keeping up with other people's blogs and commenting on them was tedious, I actually came to appreciate it because I got so many ideas and learned how to effectively comment! I really enjoyed the wikis and plan to incorporate that as well as the blog in my classroom next year. I am going to include a page in my wiki where students make a goal for themselves for books they will plan to read, similar to the 50 Book Challenge in the LibraryThing. (This was favorite!) I also hope to join a book club in the LibraryThing as well as incorporate a book club in my classroom. Google Docs will have a permanent home in my room. I love to have the students collaborate and this is a great way to have the students work on a presentation. I also want to use Google Earth if possible (don't know if they'll let me download!) to help the students get an idea of the bigger world around them.

Thanks for everything! Had a blast!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! You did it! I enjoyed reading your posts and it looks like you found many "things" to put to use for next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing! And thank you so much for your step by step instructions on how to embed my rockyou video into the wiki page. I went in and did it and it worked perfectly!

    ReplyDelete