BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Thing #12--Discovering Web 2.0 Tools

Many of the technologies that were listed I had already experienced in one form or another. Below I included an example of a Wordle I created for my classroom. I am currently using Writeboard and have found it to be very useful. I lose paper all the time and Writeboard has allowed me to keep all of my information for the class in one area. It is very simple to use. (Click here for a link to my 23 Things Writeboard.)

Another technology I tried is Quizlet. I found this to be an interesting technology. You create flash cards for the topic of choice. You may make them available for everyone to see or limited to just your choice of people. You may also have co-authors. Then the person using the flash cards may play two games to review the information. Then they may take a quiz to review the information.

This is a WONDERFUL tool that may be used! You may make flash cards for the base information the students must know and have them review on the computer. I used the Color Wheel because this is the foundation for much of the teaching that I do during the fifth and sixth six weeks. The students may then review the information through games on the internet. They are timed which allows for competition and the learning of the information. Then if I really wanted to, I could have them test on the computer and print it out. There is also a social feature on this site. You may join groups and use other people's cards. This helps out with having to not make your own sets if the information is already there. Finally, if you have a facebook account, you can link to your account and it's one less password you have to remember!




Game for Color Wheel flash cards created using Quizlet


Wordle: PFD TEKS

Wordle of all of the PFD TEKS

No comments:

Post a Comment